Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hot Air Balloon Thinking Of You Card

I can not look at hot air balloons without thinking of my sister-in-law.  I remember on the day of her funeral, a hot air balloon, that was rainbow-colored, touch down briefly in our backyard.  This never happened before.  It was so enormous and beautiful.  My sons, who were very young, immediately forgot all about their tantrums, and admired it with us.  Despite the sadness that surrounded us, it was a bright and sunny day, and we saw many rainbows in the clouds that day and the days before too.  It was like she was trying to cheer us up.  She was always doing things like that.  I made this card thinking of her and remembering her.  No matter how crazy and stressful things get for me, I just think of her, and I am calmed.  She was grace, beauty and strength, all in one.
I embossed a white card stock with Darice Cloud embossing folder and Fiskars Fuse.  I distress inked it with Distress ink pad, tumbled glass, before adhering it to the card base.  I stamped and cut out the hot air balloon, from Inkadinkado Inspirational Lift stamp set, onto white cardstock, and colored it in with LePlume markers.  I mount it with foam adhesive onto the card.  I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set to finish off the card.



  Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love that colorful hot air balloon!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I love the colors in the balloon! Thanks so much for joining us over at CAS-ual Fridays and Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy looking balloon! And a fun card. So glad to see you at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.