Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Happy Anniversary Card

I made this card for my in-laws' wedding anniversary.  They have been married for 59 years.  They are the sweetest couple.  It was a couple of weeks ago that my father-in-law was telling me about the circumstances that lead up to their meeting.  They met through a friend and my favorite line when my father-in-law tells it is, "Does she have a sister?"  So the two sisters dated these two good friends and they both end up married to them.  I love hearing them tell me that story; and it is so sweet how they smile at each other as they tell it too.  They both kept letters that they have written to each other while they were dating and they showed it to me recently too.  Your heart just melts at the incredible love they have for each other.  It is the stuff for movies and books.  So sweet and tender.

I cut two strips of blue paper and adhered it to white card stock before I ran it through the Fiskars Fuse with a Sizzix flower embossing folder.  I love how the blue strips incorporate with the card through embossing.  I stamped out the wedding outfits with Recollections Just Married Stamp Set and Memento tuxedo black ink, and cut it out.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts with Versamark ink and silver embossing powder.  I cut the banner tails and drew dash lines with a silver gel pen on the sentiment.  I adhered both wedding outfits and sentiment with foam adhesive to the card base.  I colored in the outfits with Prismacolor pencil and glitter gel pen.


This card is entered in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge
  Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.