Monday, June 10, 2013

Birthday Flags Card

I've been wanting to make a card with just banner flags.  I wanted to make a masculine birthday card that was brighter, too, even though, I love black paper.  This paper pad from DCWV is simply adorable.  I used it for a layout with my son and it was perfect.  Even though the pad is geared toward vacation and travel, I used it for a basketball theme and just generic for the flags in this card.  I love the patterns and colors.  Yes, I am a paper lover.  They are my eye candy ;-)

I cut strips of pattern paper at different widths and lengths, and cut banner tails on them.  I tape them down at the top and curled them up a little.  I placed some foam adhesive under some of them to give them more lift.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts on Ocean Teal Bazzill card stock with Memento black ink.  I adhered that to the top of the flags and drew faux stitches on the top and bottom of the sentiment.  I wrapped a black and white twine around the card a couple of times and tied a knot.  I added some enamel dots from My Minds Eye onto the card to give it some texture and interest.  This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp Masculine/Father's Day Challenge and CAS-ual Fridays, the Clean And Simple Challenge!




Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, I love all those bright and colourful flags

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colorful banner border! great card! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brightly colored flags! Great choice of pattern paper :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.