Friday, May 24, 2013

My Favorite Combo - Flowers and Butterflies in Ocean Teal Thank You Card

Love, love, love this combination.  The pattern paper from Crate paper is so beautiful.  I found it on my trip in Amish Country.  As a matter fact, all the paper in this card are from that store in Paradise, PA, called Farmhouse Memories.  I'm doling out my goodies from there slowly to savor and remember my trip there.  I tend to do that as a treat to myself, so I have something new to use and play with.  Yes, I use the reward system on myself , as well as my kids.  :-)  It works like magic to get things done, most of the time.  Though, lately, I have been bad and breaking all the rules.  You know, like not getting the things on my to-do list done and just playing in my craft room instead.  Oh well, you only live once.  Though, a friend of mine (whose this card is made for) would say that I went beyond "not getting my list done" to fall on the bad girl category. ;-)  Anyway, I'm getting antsy for summer to be here, and to have the freedom to go anywhere and do whatever I want.  I always get this way around this time of the year, for some reason.  I'm not alone, apparently, since some of my friends told me the same thing. 
I layered the Bazzill ocean teal cardstock on the card base.  I cut a strip of pattern paper from Crate paper and created ribbon tails.  I placed it on the card base with foam adhesive.  I die cut some flowers with Stampin' Up Secret Garden dies and the Fiskar Fuse.  I distress the edges of the flower with Distress Worn Lipstick ink and put all the flowers together with a fabric covered brad from Basic Grey Fiction collection.  I love those brads.  They are too pretty to use.  I love looking at them all nice and neat and pretty in their packaging.  I placed the flower onto the pattern paper, and also, adhere some wooden butterflies from Recollection with some bling onto the card base.  I stamped the sentiment from TPC Studio in black Memories ink.  I finished the card with faux stitching with my white gel pen.


2 comments:

  1. I really like this card! So colorful and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I really appreciate it! Just checked out your blog and all I can say is, "Wow!" Very impressive layouts!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.