Monday, May 13, 2013

First Communion and Thank You Cards


One of my sons had his first communion and he was full of jitters the two weeks before the main event.  Thank goodness for my husband.  He was able to calm his nerves by walking him through everything over and over again.  On the day of the big event, he was happy and did not even mention a word of it.  During the event, our priest asked if anyone had questions, and after a moment of silence, my son spoke up and said, "I don't have any questions because my Dad told me everything I need to know."  That just melted my heart!  What a wonderful way to honor my husband!  The day was perfect.  My son was the main attraction and he owned it!  I'm so proud of him.  We had a big party to celebrate with him and everybody had a great time.  I have been spending weeks preparing the house and menu for it.  The funny thing was while I was doing my usual duties of getting all the food out, I overheard one of my sons telling our guest that he is tired since he has been so busy preparing for the party the whole day.  Hmmm...  It cracks me up because you know all I did was lay on the couch and munch on Bon-Bons.  LOL!  On top of that, all I heard from our guests was how nice the grass looks.  Never mind the flowers I planted or the garden that I cleaned out.  It reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield's slogan, "I get no respect".  LOL!  It was a glorious day and I was so happy for my son.  I made a quick card for my son and the thank you card to match, you know, since I had nothing else to do.  :-D

The cross and sentiment are from Stampin' Up Crosses of Hope set.  I stamped the cross with Memories blue ink and punch it out with a 2" circle punch.  I sponge the edges with Distress Tumbled Glass ink.  I punch out a scallop circle with a 2 1/4" punch.  I placed the cross circle on the scallop circle with foam adhesive.  I placed a light blue cardstock on top of the card base and stamped the sentiment in the same ink color.  It’s a really simple card, but just right for my son and occasion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.