Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fabulous Dresses Birthday Card

Lately, I have been getting in touch with my girlie side.  For people who know me, I am not one of those girlie types.  My wardrobe contains a lot of black and solids.  However, I have been mixing it up in my later years and adding floral and prints.  I know, I am so wild!  LOL!  Also, when I saw this video from Vicky P., I was really inspired to have a dress on my creations.  This reminded me of this post from one of my favorite blogger, Tanya Bell.  I couldn't wait to make one when I saw this but I have been waiting awhile since I've been so busy, but it's so worth the wait.  I love these dresses!  I printed the dress template and cut it out to use as a template.  I used the plastic sheet that I got from JoAnns in the quilting section, when I used to do a lot of quilting, to make my templates.  It is much sturdier and I have it forever.  I keep it with the original template printout in a binder.  Yes, I have been doing a lot of organzing, both in my craft room and the rest of the house.  Never a dull moment here!  That is, if organizing is your thing.  :-)
I used black cardstock as the card base and scored it.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in Versamark ink and emboss it with white embossing powder.  I wrote in the word, 'fabulous', in the sentiment in pencil first and then used my white gel pen to trace it.  I used my new white gel pen, Uni-ball Signo gel pen and it is great!  I love my other white gel pen too, but the Uni-ball pen is more opague and thicker.  It depends on what you want.  In this application, it works great.  I love the way it came out.  I showed my husband and told him how I did it, and he was surprised.  He said, "Fabulous looks fabulous!"  :-)  I have a built-in fan base at home.  I know, I'm so lucky!  :-)  Anyway, I trace out the dress on pattern paper and fold the dress.  I adhere the dress to the card and dress it up with some blings or pearls.  I had so much fun making these dresses that I had to make a few.  Something new for me, especially since, I don't like to make a card more than once.  
The pattern paper for this dress is from the Authentique 6x6 paper pad.  The paper from this pad is so beautiful, and a great bargain too, since there is 48 double sided pages.  Love it!  I added the silver ribbon from Martha Stewarts Christmas collection.  I thought it made a nice belt for this dress.  I enter this into Simon Says Stamp: Anything Goes Challenge especially since I used paper from Authentique. 

The pattern paper for this dress is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection.  It's so pretty!
The pattern paper is from Stampin' Up Beyond The Garden collection.  This was the first dress I made and I love it!


3 comments:

  1. Wow! These look so awesome! I love your folded dresses! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words! They are so much fun to make! I couldn't wait to share it with everyone.

      Delete
  2. just awesome, elegant cards...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.