Saturday, April 6, 2013

Hexagon Birthday Card

I've been really into this pool/aqua color and just got myself a 12x12 sheet of it.  I also wanted to make something with the hexagons again.  I really like the effect of the frames.  I was trying to keep it simple to showcase the color and shapes.  Unfortunately, the color from the picture shows it more of a blue whereas it shows really more of a green tone to me in person.  I like the simplicity of this card.
I rounded the corners of a A2 white cardstock and drew dash lines around the border.  I die cut the hexagons with Provocraft Cuttlebug Harmony hexagon die and Bazzill Ocean Teal(?) cardstock.  I arranged the hexagons and used the tangerine color washi tape on one of the hexagons.  I place the washi tape on white cardstock and cut it out to fit in the hexagon before gluing it down with the hexagon.  I stamped happy birthday with Heidi Grace clear stamp in Brilliance black ink in one of the hexagons.  I adhere the rest of the hexagons and cut out a cupcake from a pattern paper from Stampin' Up Sweet Shop Designer Paper set.  I used foam adhesive to place the cupcake in the hexagon.  Finally, I used a Recollections heart-shaped punch for the heart and after adhering it to the card, I used 3-D Crystal Color Lacquer on it to give it shine and dimension.


I'm entering this one too for the Simon Says Stamp! birthday challenge.  Happy birthday, Simon Says Stamps!

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Linda, a great layout and I do love those colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Love the work you guys do at Simon Says Stamp and nice blog too! So inspirational! Thanks!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.