Saturday, April 6, 2013

Flowers for a Happy Mother's Day card

I've been thinking about my mother and when I saw this pattern paper, I knew I had to make a mother's day card with it.  Though I love this combination so much, I am thinking of making a journal with them on the cover.  I just love the colors.  This is usually not my style because it is so bright and colorful but for whatever reason lately, I'm very drawn to this combination.  I'm looking forward to flowers blooming and doing some gardening.
All the pattern papers are from Echo Park.  It's eye candy to me.  Love it!  I trimmed the pattern papers and adhere it to the white cardstock.  I also used a scallop punch to punch out a teal color scallop border and added to the cardstock.  I stamped out the sentiment from Hero Arts in Brilliance Cocoa ink and layered on a pink pattern paper.  I used foam adhesive to put it on the card.  I used left-over butterflies that were die cut previously with Stampin' Up embossilits to embellish the card and finish off with gems on the butterflies.  I used glue dots to adhere it onto the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.