Monday, April 15, 2013

Floral Birthday Card

It's finally spring here with the warm weather earlier in the week and then...freezing rain and sleet.  I put away my winter boots and thermals already so, needless to say, I was freezing!  I wanted soup all day and would have stayed by the fireplace too if I was home.  On a spring like note, I see some of my daffodils ready to bloom.  Yay!  I always get so excited to see them and my tulips.  Well, the tulips that survived the deers anyway.  I used to be all excited to see deers, now not so much.  Any gardeners out there would know why.  I have to get my lettuce and spinach seeds going.  I know I'm behind schedule but better late than never.  :-) Sooo, with gardening on my mind, here is my latest birthday card.  I was getting a little tired of making masculine birthday card and wanted a brighter girlie card.  Here's another one for the Simon Says Stamp! April Showers/ Flowers challenge.  Having fun with these challenges.  The last two seem to coincide with what I was doing.  Easy for me.  :-)

 All my paper is from My Minds Eye Moments 6x6 pad.  I adhered the yellow floral background paper to my white cardstock.  Then I cut out a light blue strip of patterned paper and cut a ribbon tail at one end and adhered it to the card base.  I stamped and embossed the Hero Arts sentiment with Brilliance graphite black ink and clear embossing powder.  I used foam adhesive to place it on top of a navy blue pattern paper and then adhered it to the banner on the card.  I cut out a small strip of stripe pattern paper and adhere it to the bottom of the sentiment.  Then I stamped the flower from Stampin' Up Secret Garden set twice in Memories black ink and used aqua pen to color it with Marvy Matchables red and yellow ink pads.  I used foam adhesive on one of the flowers and glue dot on the other to place them on the card.  I finished the card with gems on the flowers and hand-drawn lines on the card base to frame it.


1 comment:

  1. Lots of pretty flowers for our challenge, Linda! Thanks for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.