Saturday, April 20, 2013

Birds And Flowers And Trees, Oh My! Wall Hanging

For my birthday, my family took me to Paradise...well, Paradise, Pennsylvania but it was close enough.  You are about to find out why and yes, it involves a few of my favorite hobbies; papercrafting, shopping, quilting and papercrafting.  Yes, I have to mention papercrafting twice!  :-)  In Paradise, there is a store call Farmhouse Memories that is set up in the picturesque Amish country.  In this quaint little store, there are beautiful fabrics AND scrapbooking materials together.  Talk about being in paradise!  What more can you want as a quilter and papercrafter?!  I got to spend some time in it all by myself too.  I looked at every inch of that store and absolutely fell in love with the place.  If you are ever in Amish country, look this place up if you love fabric and papercrafting, you would love it.  It is not big but chock full of goodies and  the woman that works there is so friendly and so enthusiastic about her creations.  I love it!  Crafters are the friendliest people on earth!  Really!  I could have spend the whole day there; there was so much to look at.  Anyway, we have this one wall hanging in our livingroom and it is really appropriate for the winter; and I've been meaning to make another one for the different seasons.  I've been looking here and there but nothing serious.  Well, in Paradise, I found the perfect panel!  It was quick and easy and it contains all the elements that I love: birds, flowers, trees and butterflies.  I did get materials to make a regular quilt design wall hanging but I couldn't resist getting this panel.  It will hold me over until I get my next quilting "itch" on again.  I got this together this past week despite all the things I was immersed in.

I just did some quilting around each picture before putting on the binding and hand sew it on the back.  I'm surprised how easy it was for me to do this since it has been a long time since I've worked on a quilt.  I guess it was like riding a bike.  :-)  I have other quilt projects that I have been throwing around in my mind.  Eventually, it will get out but for now, this was a quick fix for me.  :-)  It is hung up temporarily so I can get a picture of it.  The binding looks crooked since the panels are not completely straight.  This probably would not be so noticeable if I had a wide border instead of binding right next to it.  Oh well.  Like I said, it was quick.  It's nice and bright in my livingroom, and homemade if nothing else.  :-)
Some close-up shots of the panels.  Isn't it gorgeous?!  I love the print!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.