Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Biggest Fan Father's Day Card

My family gave me an early Mother's Day gift this weekend.  It started with my oldest son.  He is always interested in my blog and what I am posting and of course, the stats; especially what country the pageviews are from.  Anyway, we were talking about my wall hanging and how it looks in our livingroom.  He asked me if I posted it on my blog and I told him that I did.  He responded with, "They will be amazed when they see it; you cook, you craft, you sew" and all with a smile.  I told him that I was very flattered by his comment and my other son chimes in, "You are amazing!  Good job, Mom."  Wow!!!  Of course, I told my husband and he agreed.  What more can I ask for, my biggest fans, right in my own house.  :-)  I had to share that story, even though it is tooting my own horn, because it gave me the warm fuzzies just thinking about how much they care about my hobbies.  Anyway, I have been struggling with coming up with an idea for a Father's Day card but I finally found an idea that fits my father-in-law based on the way my husband talks about him.  I know it's early for Father's Day but you know me, I like to be ahead of the game.  While I was working on this card, it reminded me of my own fans, close and from afar.  Thank you all for visiting my blog.  I am sincerely flattered and honored that some of you continue to follow me on my crafting journey.

I adhered the pattern papers from This & That Echo Park 6x6 paper pad and Basic Grey Fact 6x6 paper pad to a standard card base.  I stamped and cut out the fan fom TPC Studio and used foam adhesive to place it onto the card base.  I stamped the Happy Father's Day sentiment from Hero Art in black dye-based ink.  I wrote part of the sentiment and used white stickers from Recollections for the other part.  Simple card to make and very masculine.  I also used my glitter pen on the number one on the pattern paper to hint that he is #1!  Love you, Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.