Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bee Happy Circle Card

I am loving this warm weather and sunshine!  Based on the past couple weeks of events, I don't think I am going to be creating as much as I have been.  It is mainly because I have doing a lot of gardening, and spring cleaning and reorganizing.  By the time, the evening comes, I'm too tired to do much, except maybe to surf the Internet and/or be a couch potato.  Just last night, I fell asleep around 8:30pm on the couch, and finally, went upstairs to a full night of sleep.  I wouldn't change it, though, especially since I am loving my house almost back into order and my garden ready to bloom.  It's funny how a break or a weekend with my boys can turn the house into a disaster zone.  Yes, that means the fall is another cleaning and reorganizing time for me too.  It does feel good to get rid of things.  It makes me realized that I have way too many things.  Maybe the Amish way of life is having an effect on me after all.  :-)  Anyway, while I was working on my garden, it felt so good to see green and brown.  My garden desperately needed a good cleaning.  It went a lot faster than I thought and got to plant some of my seeds too.  I can't wait for them to peek out.  It's so thrilling for me to see things grow.  I remember one time, when I was in Florida in the winter time, all I was fascinated by was the sight of oranges on trees and strawberries growing in fields.  I even went to a botanical garden where all type of fruits were growing, it was sooo interesting and beautiful to me.  Now, I have come to appreciate and love flowers, too.  I love how daisies can brighten any spot.  I love it when my Shasta daisies are in full bloom.  Now I can not wait to put in flowers in my planters.  I just put in pansies and look forward to them getting fuller and are in full bloom.  I'm planning another garden for the backyard, so I can look at flowers while I work in the kitchen and not just my vegetable garden.  :-)  While I was thinking of this card design, I was admiring my bee stamp.  I long to be able to do that, and have done just that despite my resistance.  I hate naps!  It's the guilt of "I should be doing something instead of sleeping", but sometimes, my body takes over, and I have to give in.  As I am looking at this stamp, I thought, "Wouldn't it be nice if I can live in my own little bubble, and get things done when I want, and just be happy?"  I know.  I better keep on dreaming; if only if I like naps.  :-)  So, that is how my card came about and I love how the circles came together to look like a flower.

I cut and scored a 5" square card.  I taped on yellow circles that I die cut out and placed in a dot embossing folder.  I stamped the bee and colored it with Distress ink and added glitter to it wings.  This bee stamp is from Peddler's Pack Stampworks and they have a series of these bees.  They are just so cute!  I adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.  For the inside, I stamped the sentiment from Stampendous and colored the bee and punched it out.  I place yellow chevron washi tape on the inside of the card and placed the sentiment on top of the washi tape with foam adhesive.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.