Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wag! Birthday Card

Back to the birthday cards.  I gave my husband one of my birthday cards to write up for one of my in-laws' birthday and he said, "You don't have one with a dog on it".  Hmmm.  I told him that just because someone like dogs, they shouldn't be getting everything with a dog on it.  I felt that all the cards I send her had dogs on it.  Of course, a few days later, I'm making a card with a dog on it.  Oh well, so much for breaking the trend.  Regardless, I love this card I made her.  I love this stamp from All Night Media called, "Let's Play".  It makes me smile every time I look at it.  It reminds me of the dogs that I encountered who are so happy.  I remember this one dog and her owner singing, "If you're happy and you know it, wag your tail".  :-)  Love it!  This stamp totally says that to me; being so happy.  I've recently been thinking about getting a dog, especially after spending some time with my niece's dog, Henry.  I love him and want one just like him.  I'll post a picture of him at the end.  You'll see why when you see him.
All the pattern paper is from American Crafts Hip Hip Hurray 6x6 paper pad.  I adhere the festive pattern paper to white cardstock.  I also cut a teal color patter paper from the same collection with ribbon ends.  I stamped out the dog in watercolor ink and color him with an aqua pen and Marvy Matchables ochre ink.  I round the corners and use foam adhesive to adhere it to the teal pattern paper.  I cut out two strips of pattern paper and glue it to the teal paper.  I added the stickers to spell out the expressions.  The teal pattern paper was placed on the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped a happy birthday sentiment inside.  Such a happy card!  I really love the way it came out. 

This is the new guy in my life.  Well, at least during my niece's visit.  I'll take whatever I can get.  Look at that face!  Love him!  My husband took that picture of Henry running in our backyard.  He captured him perfectly.  Soo happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.