Friday, March 1, 2013

One Layout, 4 Birthday Cards

I'm cranking them out.  Yes, more birthday cards.  This is as simple as it gets.  Let the paper pad guide you. Yes, Luke, use the force...  :-)  Growing up with brothers as playmates will affect your movie taste.  The first movie I ever saw in the theaters was Star Wars and I was bored for the most part.  But I remember thinking that Darth Vader is scary, especially when he can choke someone without touching them, and why is he breathing like that?!  Of course, I love watching sci-fi now and action adventure movies too.  I wonder if girls growing up with brothers like these type of movies too.  That would be an interesting survey - influences of brothers.  Alright, back to the cards.  These four cards were making use of pattern papers from the same paper pad collection.  The papers in each pad coordinates with each other so it makes it easy to put them together.  I love pattern paper, they are so delicious to my eyes!  I find myself so happy to just look at some of them.  All these cards are 4.25" square cards.
These pattern papers are from American Crafts Hip Hip Hooray 6x6 paper pad.  After adhering the pattern papers to the base card stock, I added a red cupcake ribbon.  I placed a sentiment sticker from Recollections and rounded the corners as a finishing touch.


I ran a flower embossing folder with card stock through my Fiskars Fuse.  I adhered a pattern paper from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neopolitan 6x6 paper pad to the top of the card stock and the embossed flowers to the bottom.  I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment with white embossing powder on pink card stock paper.  I cut out a ribbon tail on the sentiment and added a button embellishment that I tied some DMC floss on.  I added a green ribbon and rounded the corners to finish the card.


The pattern papers are from My Minds Eye Moments 6/x6 paper pad.  I love these colors and patterns together.  It's just very appealing to me.  It looks even better in person.  I adhered the pattern paper onto the base card.  I stamped out the sentiment from TPC Studio in black Brilliance ink.  I cut the stamp so it stamps out in one line.  I cut the sentiment out with ribbon tails and adhere it with foam adhesive.  I added small gems to the sentiment and a gift box to the card as final touches.


The pattern papers are from My Minds Eye Moments 6/x6 paper pad.  I ran a dot embossing folder with card stock through the Fiskars Fuse and adhered the embossed card and pattern paper to the base card stock.    I stamped the sentiment from My Sentiment Exactly! in black Brilliance ink onto pattern paper and cut it out with ribbon tails.  I adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.  For the finale, I added a blue ribbon and a birthday hat, and rounded the top corners.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.