Monday, March 18, 2013

Not A Wishy Washi Thank You Card

I got a fabulous early birthday present.  Apparently, my husband is not the only one thinking of my birthday lately.  I got a package from my niece filled with washi tapes.  The most unusual types too.   I'm loving it!  Of course, I couldn' wait to dive into it and play.  First card, of course, had to be a thank you card.   It was all I had time for anyway since this week is super busy and then some.  Of course, I had to use the teal chevron tape right away and I love the one that my niece used on her card very much and had to use that too.  This card design came to me very quickly for some reason and I loved how it came out.  It's simple to make too which is always awesome. 
I ran a white square cardstock with a Sizzix polka dots embossing folder through my Fiskars Fuse.  I laid down the chevron tape on white cardstock, then the cantaloupe color washi tape with sentiment and then the gray starburst washi tape.  I added a heart embellishment sticker and mount the washi taped design onto the card base with foam adhesive. I wanted to add some fiber so I tied a bow with an ecru embroidering floss on the card.  I love that the washi tape had the sentiment already.  It's so cute!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.