Wednesday, March 6, 2013

more baskets - small and big

I wanted to make a basket with flowers.  Lately, I have been so drawn to teal-like color.  I'm loving it.  It's just so pretty to me.  These baskets were all made from the Lawn Fawn video instructions.
I love this blue teal color with the lace border and the flowers.  I made the tiny flowers with punches and foam adhesive.  I got the idea from looking at some K&Company flower stickers.

The bigger flower is actually a K&Company sticker that I got the idea to make the small flowers from.

I stamped the purple paper with a Cloud 9 background stamp in white ink.  It made it look like a wicker basket to me.  Then I stamped the Studio G chicks and cut them out after I colored them with an aqua pen.  I adhere them to the basket with foam adhesive.  The handle is one of the new EK Success punches that you can punch out a border or a stand-alone strip.  It's so sweet on this basket.  I had to write in, "peep!" with my chicky there.  Did I mention that they are so cute?!


This is the bigger size basket at 4"x4"x4" and the felt stickers from Joanns were perfect for it to decorate with.  I  did the same thing here as my other big Easter basket.  I used pattern paper from the DCWV Citrus paper pad for the bottom part of my basket.  I stamped out some little eggs from Hero Arts in Brilliance Twilight and Marvy Matchables ink.  I adhere the eggs with foam adhesive.  The sentiment is from Studio G and after I stamped it out, I cut it like a banner with ribbon ends.  I adhere it with foam adhesive too.  I layered the handles to make the punch strip stand out. This basket is so sweet.  I can't wait to fill with some bunny cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.