Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day window card

I got this idea from a Kristina Werner's video from a while ago to make a window card.  I saw it a long time ago and thought it would look fun to make so I put it in the back of mind to use later.  I don't even remember what the card looks like but I remember the technique she used.  If I do find the video by chance again, I will link it.  She has so many videos on youtube and I love them all.  Anyway, if I see something that inspires me, I mostly write it down or put it in the back of mind to use for later.  Lately, I have been writing down things more, especially when I have too many ideas in my head.  If I don't write it down, I find myself thinking about it over and over again, almost like I am committing it to memory.  When I write it down, my brain can rest then afterward.  Weird, huh?! It's literally like I'm pouring my thoughts into paper.  Alrighty then!  Back to the card at hand, we celebrate just about every holiday so St. Patrick's Day is no exception.  I'm looking forward to my corn beef dinner with homemade Irish soda bread.  YUM!  I getting hungry just thinking about it.
There were a lot of different materials and tools to make this card.  I had my one and only St. Patrick's Day stamp sitting on my desk for a while to remind to make a card.  So finally, I made one and now I want to make more.  I used the pattern paper from American Crafts Hip Hip Hurray 6"x6" paper pad for the middle strip and punch out a 2" circle.  The scallop circle was punched out from Recollections Christmas paper pad with a 2" circle and 2 1/2" scallop punch.  I love being able to use my seasonal paper for other purpose and holidays.  I adhered the scallop circle with Tombow MonoAqua adhesive to frame the circle.  

I stamped out the Studio G St. Patrick stamp in Brilliance black ink after I lightly trace a circle onto inside of the card.  I stamped out the image again in green Colorbox ink on a separate white cardstock.  I fussy cut out the shamrock in green and adhere it with foam adhesive to the image in black.  I cut out a ring with Spellbinder Nestabilities circle dies by running pattern paper from Basic Grey Fiction paper 6x6 pad through the Fiskars Fuse.  I erased the circle before I adhere the ring around the image inside the card.   

I stamped out the sentiment from Hero Arts Everyday clear stamp set in Brilliance black ink on pattern paper from Basic Grey Fiction paper pad and cut it out with ribbon tail.  I adhere the sentiment with foam adhesive to the card.  I finished the card by rounding the corners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.