Friday, March 22, 2013

Hexagons Galore Thank You Card

I've been wanting to make a card with hexagons the moment I saw these die-cuts from Provocraft.  I've been really into different shapes lately too.  Yes, I got it on clearance at AC Moore as you see in the materials picture and it was so worth it, especially since I got 40% off on top of the clearance price.  Yay!  Love a good bargain!  
Since, I'm still on my thank you card making kick, I decided to make one with hexagons.  I made this card and my previous thank you card with a new friend in mind.  She was so kind to me and really brighten up my days, especially during my super hectic school events.  True friends are hard to come by these days, especially with our busy schedules and kids, so I hope to let them know how much I cherish them.  I've been thinking more and more about family, friends and relationships.  One of the things I hope to achieve is to work on having better relationships with family and friends.  Maybe this is my mid-life crisis as others would call it, but I call it my mid-life awareness.  And no, there is nothing wrong with me, physically at least.  :-)  I'm just more introspective on my life and how I want it to be, and re-prioritizing.  I know, I'm growing up.  :-) LOL!  Better late then never!  :-)  Anyway, back to the card, I got this amazing pad of pattern paper and was so drawn to the colors and pattern that I had to pick it up.  I didn't want this to be covered up so I cut out little frames with my die-cut to feature this lovely pattern.  It's so appealing to me.  The photo does not do it any justice.      
I covered a white card stock with this teal pattern paper from Momenta.  Yes, I'm still on my teal/aquamarine kick.  I die-cut the hexagons with my Fiskars Fuse using a shiny black pattern paper and teal pattern paper from the same paper collection.  I stamped the sentiment from Doodlebug on the teal hexagon and applied gems to it.  I glued the black hexagon frames onto the card base and added the teal hexagon with foam adhesive.  I used the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embossilits to make the butterfly die-cuts.  I adhere them with glue dots to the card and place some gems on them.  This card is easy to make but soooo lovely.     



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.