Tuesday, March 5, 2013

An outstanding bunny Easter card

I love this argyle pattern paper and this bunny.  He is just too cute.  I know this is not your typical sentiment for Easter but I thought it was fitting in two ways.  One is that he is the only bunny and two is that I flocked him to be all soft.  I love how my boys are so surprised and amazed that he is all soft and fuzzy.  The bunny is just too cute to be left alone.  This card took me awhile to come up with but I like the end result.  I was trying too hard or something.  I find that if I relax and just look at the paper and images, it usually comes to me.
I stamped out the Studio G eggs in Brilliance Twilight ink and PSX rabbit in black Brilliance ink.  I used concord grape Distress ink to ink the edges.  To make the rabbit fuzzy, I used Tombow MonoAqua on the rabbit and place white flock on him.  I used pink on his nose and a black glaze pen on his eye.  I stamped Easter in black Brilliance ink on top of the eggs.  I layered the center image on scalloped pattern paper.  All the pattern paper is from DCWV Nana's Kids.  I adhered the argyle pattern paper onto the card stock first before placing the pink card stock down.   I used stickers for part of the sentiment and wrote in "outstanding" with a purple gel pen.  I used a white gel pen first but it did not pop, so I tried the purple.  It's a lot better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.