Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A Wheelie Great Birthday Card

I made this card for my brother-in-law, since he goes biking with his wife quite a bit.  They live by a great bike trail and I have been getting pictures of them on it.  This card I feel is more for kids but every now and then, I say, "why not".  You can be young at heart, especially on your birthday.  My sons love riding their bikes too and ride all season, yes even in the snow.  As a matter of fact, they LOVE riding in the snow.  I think they like testing the limits of their bikes and they like sliding and making tracks.  Boys!
This is a simple card to make.  I layered 3 different pattern papers from DCWV on to 4.25"x5.5" (standard A2) white card stock.  I stamped and cut out the bicycle image from Hero Arts clear stamp set.  I adhered it to the card with foam adhesive.  I stamped part of the sentiment and wrote in "wheelie" and "birthday".  I sponged the edges with Distress broken china ink and adhere it to another pattern paper from DCWV.  I placed the sentiment next to the bicycle and finished the card off with DMC floss wrapped around a couple of times.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.