Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Thank Hoo? Thank You!

I made this thank you card for a friend of mine.  She gave us three owl ornaments and that is the inspiration for this card.  The owls, that were stamped and cut out, are from Hampton Art.  I'm still in search of the right pink. The sentiment was from the Inkadinkadoo Alphabet set that I placed on the Fiskar stamp press.  Using a stamp press makes it so easy to spell out sentiments and to line them up.  I can also line it up over my card exactly where I want it before stamping.  It's great!  I like using it and so does my boys.  Yes, I have to share my toys with them too.  It can be tough some days.  I find myself saying, "I need to get them their own set".  They recently been diving into my pattern paper stash and my stickers and I had to tell myself over and over again, "You need to share."  :-) It is so cute what they come up with, though.  I am happy that they are taking an interest in my hobby.  They use their cards as decorations in their rooms.  I had put up some of my stamped cards on the display for the holidays and I think they are following my example.  I will post some of their work sometime.
The wood grain paper is from Martha Stewarts Cottage Christmas Mat Pad 6.75"x4.75" and the rest of the pattern paper is from DCWV Flower Shower Spring Matstack 4.5"x6.5".  The paper were layered on top of each other.  It was a simple card to put together and sooo darn cute!  I love those owls!



Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Martha Stewarts Cottage Christmas Mat Pad 6.75"x4.75"
DCWV Flower Shower Spring Matstack 4.5"x6.5"

Stamps:
Doodle Design Inc from Hampton Art SC0469
Inkadinkado Chelsea Alphabet clear stamps

Inks:

Brilliance ink pad - Twilight and black
Colorbox ink pad -lime and cyan


Other Materials:
Fiskar Corner rounder 
Scotch foam tape
Fiskar stamp press

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.