Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet washi tape birthday

I'm fairly new to the use of washi tape but it's a lot of fun.  I picked these up at Michaels, they were $0.99 for two rolls.  It was part of their Christmas clearance so I got some to play with.  It reminds me of the tape I used in Chemistry lab to label tubes.  Probably the same concept because you can write on it and rip it off easily off the roll and it came in all types of color.  Washi tape is fun to use when you need some color and something different.
The washi tape is all from Recollections and I laid them diagonally together.  The "Sweet" chipboard is from Studio G.  I used a 3/4" circle punch to punch out pattern paper to make them look like candy.  The sentiment is created with alphabet stickers.  
I used the new Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch to round the corners in the card.  The punch give you 3 different corner "roundness" and it is a good alternative to WeRMemories Corner Chomper, especially for price.  It cuts through a lot of layers nicely but if you have a lot of embellishments, it can not avoid them like the Chomper since you have to stick most of the card's corner into the punch.  If you think ahead, you should be okay with this punch.  I've also never tried a Recollections punch before and I'm happy with how easy it punches.  I had some old punches that are really hard to punch (Marvy Uchida and McGill Creativity brands) so I am leary of unknown brand punches.  I know that EK Success makes really good punches, and trust their punches and their associated brands like Martha Stewarts.


Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
DCWV The Sweet 4.25"x6.25" matstack

Other supplies:
Recollections washi tape
Studio G chipboard words
Studio G Alphabet glitter stickers
Miss Elizabeth's Simple Alphabet clear stickers
Recollections 3/4" punch
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.