Friday, January 11, 2013

Love is in the air

Is it love in the air?  Or I got eyes only for you?  I know it is a little cheesy but isn't first love a little cheesy at times.  Anyway, what is wrong with cheesy?!  It reminds me of a time of innocence and the magical feeling of falling in love.  We need more of that in this world and less jaded cynicism.  Can you tell Valentines Day is on my mind?  
Anyway, I love cardinals.  They brighten up any old gray winter day.  They're beautiful and I think they are mates for life.  I love that about birds.  It seems like most of them are mates for life.  I think this is a quality my husband loves about birds too.  He is a photographer and I love his photos of birds.  We had not have the luck of cardinals being his subject yet.  Must get that bird feeder up!  The only problem with having a bird feeder is that we do have sightings of bears every now and then.  And that means bird feeders are sometimes attacked.  YIKES!
This card is 4.25"X5.5" standard size.  These cardinals are layered accents from K&C Company.  It also came with some black-capped chickadees.  My sons are into birds so they were thrilled when I pulled these out.  I like that they have the mates in the collection.  It makes a differences to us bird brains.  :-)  The top part of the card was created using a embossing folder from Provo Craft Cuttlebug With Love set.  They're for borders but I alternated the folder to deboss and emboss.  This is mainly because I made a mistake and debossed it...oops...so I made lemonade out of lemons.  It worked out here.  I used glitter sticker letters and alphabet stickers from Recollection for the sentiment.  All the pattern papers are from Martha Stewarts Cottage Christmas 6.75"x4.75" matpad including the arrow.  It was a chevron pattern paper that I cutted up to look like an arrow.  I punched out a heart and cut a slit with a Exacto knife to put the arrow through.  I used the red washi tape from the same collection.  This is the first time I have ever used washi tape and I like it.  It's very versatile when you need a little extra something.  I told you that I was behind the times.  There are so many neat tools and embellishments out there.  You could easily go broke in seconds.  I'm trying to pace myself and only buy things on sale and if I need them for a project.  Like I said, I don't want to be a hoarder.  Though, you might think otherwise if you see my house.  I am trying to purge lately and getting organize.  That is my big, big, big project this year.  Did I mention big?!  :-)  

I used DMC floss to finish off the card by wrapping it around a few times and tied a bow.  It's a sweet card. and very country.  This is not exactly my style but I am trying to do things out of the box these days, like doing this blog for example.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.