Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is it spring yet?!

I'm working on my thank you cards after the holidays.  Even though I am surrounded by a winter wonderland, I couldn't help but think of spring.  This was very cheerful card for me to make, especially since it is a typical cloudy winter day.  
This card was covered with pattern papers all from DCWV Flower Shower 4.5"x6.5" Spring Matstack.  The sentiment, from TPC Studio Greetings Clear Stamps set, was stamped with graphite black Brilliance Ink.  I love Brilliance Ink pads.  They work really well with clear stamps since they are pigment ink pads.  I have been testing out my different ink pads with the clear stamps.  I did use a tip from Kristina Werner about sanding the stamp image first so that the ink will stick better to the image.  It worked wonders on my stamped images.  Kristina is just wonderful and I love watching her videos on youtube.  It is one of my guilty pleasures.  Her blog is a lot of fun too. 
Back to the card.  I used ecru colored DMC floss to wrap the card 3 times and then to tie a little bow up top.  I love that look since I have a hard time finding a ribbon that fits everything.  I have a lot of ribbons but they are never the right size or color but these floss seems just right to me a lot of time.

I added Recollections Boutique Fleur Floral embellishment to the card by popping them up with dimensional double-sided tape.  I love how vibrant this card is and it makes me think of spring every time I look at it.  Getting seed catalogs also makes me think of spring during these winter months.  I can't wait until my amaryllis blooms, then I will have more flowers in the house.  YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.