Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Birthday with flowers

It's always good to have birthday cards on hand.  I wanted something bright and cheerful, especially on this cold and dreary winter day filled with snow, sleet and freezing rain.
I stamped the rows of flowers onto a standard A2 pink cardstock with Brilliance moonlight white ink.  I punched out a scalloped border with a Martha Stewarts punch.  I adhered that onto the base card before I adhered the strip of kraft paper on top.  I used a white gel pen to draw dash lines onto the kraft paper before I stamped the happy birthday sentiment with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink onto the far right side.  I stamped out the flowers 3 separate times with peony, marigold and magenta ink, and the leaves with green ink all from the Paintbox ink pad.  I cut out the flowers and leaves, and used dimensional adhesive to pop the flowers before I adhered the leaves. I used a yellow Crystal Clear Lacquer on the center of the flowers to give it dimension.  After they dried, I placed a heart shape button on the center flower.

I finished the card by rounding the corners on the bottom of the card and tying a bow at the top with a white sheer ribbon.

Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Recollections Pink Buttons cardstock - red, light pink, pink

Stamps:
TPC Studio Greetings Clear Stamps set -sentiment
Doodlebug Design Inc. Cling mounted rubberstamps - flowers

Ink:
Paintbox - Peony, Magenta, Marigold, Green
Brilliance Ink Pads - Coffee Bean and Moonlight white

Other supplies:
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch
Martha Stewarts scalloped border punch
Gelly Roll white gel pen
3-D Crystal Color Lacquer
Recollections button
white sheer ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.