Friday, January 25, 2013

BoBunny's Flowers, Hearts and Butterflies

I'm not a trendy person to begin with, mainly because I don't want to want the same things that everybody wants.  I'm trying in my own way to be an individual.  It's either that or I'm just slow on the uptake.  Ha!  LOL  Anyway, I notice trends mostly in fashion and I tend to stick to the basics that are timeless.  I know...boring!  I do occasionally buy something trendy and sometimes regret it later down the road.  Sometimes, it fits into my basic collection.  What I don't really think about having trends in is paper crafting.  I thought with rubber stamps, you could use it in anything and any time based on your layout.  Well, I came across a site and it advertises to stay in trend with the latest from CHA(crafts and hobby association) 2013.  It does make sense when I think about it more and also, as I visit more blogs.  People see something that somebody created and wants to make it too so they buy the supplies.  Well, when I saw the brand, BoBunny, at Hobby Lobby, I was thinking, now I am being trendy.  Of course, I looked at the copyright for this package of paper and it's from 2011.  :-)  LOL  So much for being trendy!  The discount price should have clue me in.  Oh well.  I still love this whole Collection.  I'm very drawn to these colors but I'm not crazy about the distress look.  I know it is very popular now but I still like crisp images.
This was done with all pattern paper from the Vicky B. BoBunny collection.  It even came with the sentiment that I cut out and popped out with dimensionals.  I cut up all the paper and adhered it to the card base.  I used Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embosslits to die cut two butterflies on pale pink paper.  I finished up the card with white dash lines, a heart shape gem and pearl on the flowers.  Easy-peasy as they say and so lovely.  I'm using this as an anniversary card.


Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Recollections card stock - light pink
Vicky B. BoBunny Collection pack

Other supplies:
Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Fiskars Fuse
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch
Recollections pearls
Studio G heart shape gem
Jelly Roll white gel pen


2 comments:

  1. Awesome design great post i like thanks for sharing...
    Scrapbooking Australia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nice site, too! I hope to visit Australia some day, it looks beautiful.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.