Thursday, January 31, 2013

A classic masculine birthday card

I always struggle with making masculine cards and from what I see requested on blogs, so does other paper- crafters.  I made this card for my father-in-law.  He is a classic through and through.  His first car was a Hupmobile and looks similar to the car below.  It even have wooden spokes on the wheels, wow!  Coincidentally, there was a documentary on Henry Ford on PBS the other night.  What an interesting man to say the very least.  Henry Ford had some major flaws but was a visionary no less.  
This is my favorite card layout.  I used pattern paper from My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad.  I adhered strips of paper onto the card base.  I stamped the birthday sentiment in black ink before I adhered it on top of where the two pattern paper meets.  I also stamped out the car in black before I cut it out.  I used the car as placement for my "You're a Classic" sentiment.  The alphabet stickers are easy to place but sometimes need a little glue like the letter C here.  I adhere the car with dimensionals.  I love this pattern paper.  I think it works well for this type of card.  



Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
My Mind's Eye Moment pad 6x6 paper pad

Stamps:
Tim Holtz clear stamp set
Heidi Grace clear stamp set

Ink:
Memories ink pad - black

Other supplies:
Recollections alphabet stickers
Gelly Roll - white gel pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.