Saturday, December 29, 2012

Hoot, Hoot, Hurray for the Holidays!

I created these owl ornaments as gifts for my family.  I always handmade something for my family for the holidays, be it knitted hat, scarves or an ornament.  My husband is my biggest inspiration.  His handmade gifts are made out of wood and some of them are furniture.  Who can compete with that?!  Good thing I'm the recipient of some of his gifts.  
Back to the ornaments, my family are into owls, as am I.  I love the way they look and some of them are so adorable!  Though, I do not like the ones with complete black eyes.  They look possessed and creepy to me.  I would love to see one in the wild.  I have seen them at bird sanctuaries and have been fascinated by them.  It would make my day if I saw a real one in the wild.  Though I heard one in the middle of the night.  It was a Barred Owl because it had a distinctive call that sounds like this sentence, "Who.  Who. Who cooks for you?  Who cooks for you all?".  I remember this because it was the middle of the night in the summertime and we had our windows open.  I wake up to see my husband standing up in bed with his head pressed against the window and then asking him what he was doing.  I thought it was a pack of coyotes at first but then heard the difference.  That was the closest experience I had to witnessing an owl in the wild.  Anyway, this creation below was copied from another blogger, Jessica.  Here is the link to her site: http://juicy-bits.typepad.com/juicy_bits/2009/12/131-give-a-hoot-for-the-holidays.html

I did change the size of the owls and added googly eyes to them.  They are fun to make and sooooo darn cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.