Friday, December 28, 2012

Mittens...love them!

I've recently discover Kristina Werner and all her youtube videos.  I love watching her videos.  She is so talented and has inspired me.  I used one of her key signature techniques in these cards - faux stitching.  This one was the first one of the series that I made and you can see how it evolved a little.  I love mittens.  I just think they are so cute.  I used Recollections Jolly Jamboree 8.5"x11.5" Paper Pad for all the pattern papers in these cards.  I used my Fiskars circle cutter to cut these circles.  There is a learning curve to using it but I am getting the hang of it.  I did not have a mitten stamp or punch so I drew a mitten on the pattern paper and  made a template.  I made sure that this template fits this pattern paper since they look like hand-knitted mittens.  I used Martha Stewart's lace doily border punch on both side of a white cardstock strip to break up the card.  I used black letter stickers from the dollar store.  I don't normally use letter stickers on my cards but after visiting other blogs, I am trying to use them more.  I normally stamp a sentiment.


I felt that white letters would be better so I got some from Michaels and they were perfect for this card.  I put some bling on and it looked just right with the white letters.  

 My husband like the red plaid more so I made another one with the red pattern paper but combining the two cards' designs.  I love these cards and enjoy making them so much.  The one below is my favorite of them all.  I liked the pattern on mittens, especially the cuffs.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.