Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy Holidays....

This snowflake is from Stampin' Up The Snowflake Spot set.  I think this set is retired.  I recently found a local Stampin' Up demonstrator and I am so excited to finally be able to craft with other people.  It's so nice to find people who has the same interest.  Yes, people who would get excited over the blings on this card.  I love gemstones and I can not get enough of them.  Now I find a card is missing something if it doesn't have some bling.  What girl doesn't like her blings?!  I cut out the snowflake by hand.  No die cut machine so everything is old school.  I know, I am behind the times.  That's what happens when life happens.  Anyway, back to the card, the sentiment is from All Night Media and the pattern paper is from Amuse Studio.  The blue lace-like band is punched out from a Martha Stewart punch on both side of a strip of paper.  They look so pretty.  I want to put them around cupcakes to give it that elegant look when I first try this.   
 


This wreath card is very simple to make.  The wreath is a sticker from Walmart's own Holiday Time brand.  I got a new Martha Stewart lace border punch and could not wait to put it on my card.  I love how it goes with the red plaid pattern paper (Recollections Jolly Jamboree 8.5"x11" paper pad).  It is a classic combination to me.  I think of little girls all dressed up for Christmas in their red plaid dresses with lace trims.  The ribbon is from Amuse Studio but I think you can get them at any craft stores or online.

This is also another simple card to make.  I punched out the red border and adhere it to the green card.  It was an EK Success punch.  I love this shade of red and green together.  I tied a gold ribbon and put the wreath sticker on the knot.  One of my favorite cards and it was so simple.  I have been so pressed for time that for a long time, all I made were simple cards.  They were the ones I was drawn to the most.  Now I don't feel as pressured to make cards and see it as more of a hobby to relax with.  I used to make different cards for everyone in my family.  The pressure of coming up with a different card was insane.  Now I don't sweat it as you can see.

 Another Walmart sticker creation.  The sentiment is from Amuse Studio.  This is my least favorite card of all.  It needs something despite the bling.  ;-)  It was simple to say the very least.

The sentiment is from the Inkadinkado Christmas Season clear stamps set and I'm not sure where the Santa stamp is from.  It was part of a wooden set.  I cut out a white cardstock to give it a snow hill and dimension. The pattern paper is from the Recollections Jolly Jamboree 8.5"x11" inch paper pad.

This card was a simple punch out border and stickers from Walmart.  Stickers make it so easy to put a card together, though I think it needs something.  Sometimes I just move on or I will be stuck staring at a card to make it better and sometimes it is not for the better.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.