Saturday, December 29, 2012

Eat, drink & be merry

I love the sentiment.  It's from Amuse Studio.  What more can you ask for during the holidays but to do all three, especially in one sitting too.  I like the pattern paper from Martha Stewart a lot.  It makes me want to bake.  I'm so drawn to country-style items and I had to make a card with this paper when I first saw it.  I think I am a country girl at heart.  Anyway, I wanted the sentiment to pop so I layered it with the green pattern paper.  I notice that it does not match the green ivy.  Oh well.  I was trying to match the ink to the paper and I think I was focusing on that too much.  I still like the baking motifs too much to let the color differences bother me.  Speaking of baking, check out my mini apple pies below.  

I baked these mini apple pies for the first time and I love them.  I made them in my muffin pan.  It was a good way to get an apple pie fix without a whole pie to deal with.  Also, you can not get 12 slices out of a pie but you can get 12 pieces of pie in a muffin pan.  Love it!  I think I will do this from now on.  It's so easy to make the filling the day before and assemble the next day.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.