Friday, December 28, 2012

A traditional Christmas

This card I made for my in-laws and they love it.  I used my Fiskars circle cutter again.  I had a gold mirror cardstock that I layered my blue circle on.  The nativity scene is one whole sticker and I got it from Michaels.  I used a gold ribbon and adhere it down on top of a strip of red and green paper to break up the card and give it more color.  The sentiment is a clear stamp from the Inkadinkado Christmas Season stamp set.  I bend the sentiment stamp on the block to arch it over my circles.  I really like the way this card turned out.  I built this card around the sticker.
This one below is my husband's absolute favorite so, I gave him this one for Christmas.  The Christmas tree is a sticker from Walmart's Holiday Time.  The pattern paper is from the Recollections Home for the Holiday 4.5"x6.5" paper pad.  I just layered it with red, white and green cardstock.  It has a Victorian feel to it.  I kept it simple inside the card too with the same layering, except the white cardstock is on top so I can write on it.


I drag out one of my stencils and light box to make this card below.  I love this stencil and have not use it in ages.  I have not dry-emboss in awhile too and it took a couple of tries to get it just right.  This card has a classic look to it.  I like the dry-emboss look.  It's simple elegance.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I love reading them.